Vortex The Gateway
Vortex: The Gateway is an open world survival horror game.
Due to a mysterious dimension vortex you will find yourself on an alien planet. Explore, adapt, build and fight to survive. You will have to face the dangers of the planet at different times of day, at changing temperature, hungry or thirsty. You can explore spectacular and dangerous places where you always remain a prey for the local species.
If you want to survive then be alert, sneak, build and fight. Meanwhile life back on Earth changes dramatically. What changes? You will get bits of information through your adventure. Prepare for the worst!
The game is developed in the Unity 5 engine.
- a huge, diverse and fully explorable alien island with a unique atmosphere, visuals and emblematic sceneries
- dynamic day-night cycle
- crafting system: harvest resources to create equipment by combining them together
- building system: build shelters, fences, storage, fire, etc.
- survival aspects: hunger, thirst, stamina, health, different temperatures, hiding, making noise
- living fauna: harmless and dangerous animals
- collect food, water and hunt
- some of the story elements are available already
- atmospheric music and sounds
Some of the planned additional features
- Mac and Linux versions
- more animals to hunt
- animals that can fly
- underwater life, including plants and fish
- more buildable structures, including some that you can use to protect your shelters
- more craftable objects
- more emblematic sceneries
- AI behavior tuning and enhancements
- new sceneries including some that will completely differ from the current ones, but we don’t want to spoil these 🙂
- co-operative multiplayer mode for up to 2 players
- player character upgrade: completely new animations and player graphics
- Steam achievements
- main menu fully functional with detailed options
- different levels of difficulty
- improved intro scene
- dynamic weather system: storms, extraterrestrial weather conditions
- all of the story elements included
- performance tuning
- a possibility to end the game, but no spoilers here as well
Minimum RequirementOperating System: 32-bit Windows 7 Processor: Core i3 / AMD A6 2.4Ghz Memory: 4 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 / AMD Radeon HD 5830 DirectX: Version 11 Hard Drive: 3 GB available space Sound Card: Version 11 Additional Notes: Integrated graphics cards are not supported.
Recommended RequirementOperating System: 64-bit Windows 8 Processor: Core i5 / AMD FX 2.4Ghz Memory: 8 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / AMD Radeon HD 7790 DirectX: Version 11 Hard Drive: 3 GB available space Sound Card: Version 11 Additional Notes: Integrated graphics cards are not supported.